Kelsey-Land
4.04.2007
  Second Story Living
I've always lived on the second floor, but now that I'm living on the ground level, I've had some perspective on life from above, and below. When someone lives above you, you really get to know them. For instance, my upstairs neighbor is very interesting. Currently he's playing his guitar and singing. I wonder if he knows that I can hear him. I feel like I'm invading his privacy by hearing these intimate moments between man and guitar. The walls aren't very thick, and just last night, very late last night mind you, I heard an angry conversation coming from above. I heard some cussing, and maybe something about children (maybe he's divorced), the details were vague mostly because I was trying to sleep. Also, the man never goes to work. Since I'm on Spring Break, I've been home a lot, and it seems he has too. I wonder what he does to pay the rent...

All of these observations make me wonder what people learned about me when I was living above a neighbor. I do remember getting a lot of complaints from one unfortunate lower level tenant. We apparently were noisy steppers and would keep her kid up late at night. What did she expect when 6 college girls were living above her? Looking back, I feel very sorry for her.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who am I? I'm a follower of Christ, a lover of ultimate frisbee, a sister of three silly brothers, a youth worker for pre-teens, and a big fan of Diet Coke. I live by the beach, work at a church, eat a lot of canned soup and spend a lot of my free time buried in books. I don't like celery, zits or extreme sarcasm. I love my family, my friends, my co-workers and above all, GOD.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lancaster, California, United States
COOL SITES
  • Andrew Seely
  • Val Snow
  • Justin Souza
  • Amy Souza
  • Andrew's Ghetto
  • Ryan Pappan
  • Sarah Strauss
  • Matt Price
  • Jenevieve Price
  • KC
  • Lily Lewin
  • Nicole Butchko
  • Nick Heathman
  • John Bowling
  • Ocean Hills Church


  • ARCHIVES
    December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / April 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger