Kelsey-Land
10.22.2005
  Faking It
Ok, I admit it. I faked it. I faked being happy. I do it all the time! I faked being friendly and I faked being interested in what people were talking about. I don't like this about myself-this whole faking it business. But it happens. Baby showers do it to everyone, and see, that's where I was today. I was at a baby shower that I didn't really want to be there. Today was the most perfect day for wearing pajamas and reading books and sipping tea all day. So I didn't want to go. Not to mention that I only knew two people - one being the host (who was happily running around keeping busy) and the other was the pregnant gal who the shower was for. And let's face it: Baby showers are Hell. OK OK, not that they are really that bad - but you get together a bunch of women, wearing their cute outfits, eating the delectable treats, talking about their shoes, commenting on their husbands, and ooohing and ahhhing over each new little unwrapped outfit --- it's more than I can handle!!! So what did I do? I faked it! You would too. You just can't be a raincloud at things like that. You have to put on your pastel sweaters and your sweet smile and just grin and bear it. If I ever have a shower, I'm going to make people wear their pajamas and we'll eat chocolate brownies and drink beer and just be ourselves. Although, I don't really like beer, it just sounded more authentic.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who am I? I'm a follower of Christ, a lover of ultimate frisbee, a sister of three silly brothers, a youth worker for pre-teens, and a big fan of Diet Coke. I live by the beach, work at a church, eat a lot of canned soup and spend a lot of my free time buried in books. I don't like celery, zits or extreme sarcasm. I love my family, my friends, my co-workers and above all, GOD.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lancaster, California, United States
COOL SITES
  • Andrew Seely
  • Val Snow
  • Justin Souza
  • Amy Souza
  • Andrew's Ghetto
  • Ryan Pappan
  • Sarah Strauss
  • Matt Price
  • Jenevieve Price
  • KC
  • Lily Lewin
  • Nicole Butchko
  • Nick Heathman
  • John Bowling
  • Ocean Hills Church


  • ARCHIVES
    December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / April 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger