Kelsey-Land
10.17.2005
  100 Women
Have you ever spent a weekend with 100 women? I have, just this weekend. Let me tell you, that's a lot of women. There were XX chromosomes everywhere! I can also tell you that women are a lot of fun! The best part was my small group. I specifically asked to be in a small group with no one that I knew really well because I wanted to get to know new people. It was fantastic. There were mothers, grandmothers, and single people and were could all identify with one another and laugh together. I really like talking with other women who have been through what I'm going through now. I also like to hear about what mothers worry about and how grandmothers spend their time. The lives that women lead are rich and diverse. I left the weekend glad to be a woman! But I also left feeling anxious to see my boyfriend.

By the way, I HATE COMPUTERS..ok, I don't really hate them, it's more that when they aren't working correctly, they can cause much stress. For example: Computers that crash, wiping out your hard drive, reloading your programs, and starting over. Now THAT is a new beginning! True story - happened to me on Friday.

Asking the hard questions. This weekend we were talking about forgiveness one night. One of the angles of the topic asked, "What areas do you need to forgive God?" (or something along those lines) It's not that I'm angry with God, but I find some things in this world very hard to understand. Like all the tragedy of people who have lost their lives recently. Every day almost it seems that another tragedy has struck - begging the question "Where is God?" My faith reassures me that God is Here, that God is in control, that all things work for good for those who love God, that God is mysterious, that God is good, that God is love.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who am I? I'm a follower of Christ, a lover of ultimate frisbee, a sister of three silly brothers, a youth worker for pre-teens, and a big fan of Diet Coke. I live by the beach, work at a church, eat a lot of canned soup and spend a lot of my free time buried in books. I don't like celery, zits or extreme sarcasm. I love my family, my friends, my co-workers and above all, GOD.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lancaster, California, United States
COOL SITES
  • Andrew Seely
  • Val Snow
  • Justin Souza
  • Amy Souza
  • Andrew's Ghetto
  • Ryan Pappan
  • Sarah Strauss
  • Matt Price
  • Jenevieve Price
  • KC
  • Lily Lewin
  • Nicole Butchko
  • Nick Heathman
  • John Bowling
  • Ocean Hills Church


  • ARCHIVES
    December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / April 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger