Kelsey-Land
3.01.2005
  Thought Life
Lately I've been trying to get my thought life in check. When it comes to trying to live out a life where I'm following Jesus, I'm fairly good at conforming my actions & words - but my thoughts are another matter. It's so much easier to have dark thoughts because no one can see what you're thinking. If my actions and words are out of line, there's a much greater chance of someone finding out. With my thoughts, they are only known by me and God. Because my thoughts are hidden from public scrutiny, they are at greater risk for being extremely out of line. I brought this up with my small group and asked them seriously how to deal with lustful/angry/judgemental thoughts. I think we all agreed that our thought life as a Christian is difficult to get in line. I think about the sermon on the mount when Jesus says that to have anger on our hearts/minds is the same sin a murder, and to have lust on our hearts/minds is the same sin as adultery. If anything, realizing this makes me so much more dependent on God's grace and the need for Jesus. How do you keep your thoughts in check?
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who am I? I'm a follower of Christ, a lover of ultimate frisbee, a sister of three silly brothers, a youth worker for pre-teens, and a big fan of Diet Coke. I live by the beach, work at a church, eat a lot of canned soup and spend a lot of my free time buried in books. I don't like celery, zits or extreme sarcasm. I love my family, my friends, my co-workers and above all, GOD.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lancaster, California, United States
COOL SITES
  • Andrew Seely
  • Val Snow
  • Justin Souza
  • Amy Souza
  • Andrew's Ghetto
  • Ryan Pappan
  • Sarah Strauss
  • Matt Price
  • Jenevieve Price
  • KC
  • Lily Lewin
  • Nicole Butchko
  • Nick Heathman
  • John Bowling
  • Ocean Hills Church


  • ARCHIVES
    December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / April 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger