Kelsey-Land
1.31.2005
  The Tree of God
When Jesus says that he is the vine and we are in the branches, the pastor said, "Imagine a big tree, the tree of God." At first I imaginined a tree that had an Ansel Adams type quality. The pastor's sermon was about "how DEEP how RED how THICK how MULTIETHNIC is the BLOOD of JESUS." (He was one of those pastors who kinda has one of those sing-song preacher voices) We started looking at the lineage of Jesus (it's in Matthew). He went through all the nations the lineage represented (Egypt, Pakastan, Iraq, Europe...) then he talked about the kind of people who were in the line (the priveleged, the outcasts, the second-class citizens). The tree of God grew in my mind. The tree of God is bigger than my mind can imagine. Studying the lineage of Jesus seemed boring to me, but actually it made God huge, and it made the world smaller. God is not for white people, God is for all people, God is not for the priveleged people, God is for all people. That's one HUGE God.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Who am I? I'm a follower of Christ, a lover of ultimate frisbee, a sister of three silly brothers, a youth worker for pre-teens, and a big fan of Diet Coke. I live by the beach, work at a church, eat a lot of canned soup and spend a lot of my free time buried in books. I don't like celery, zits or extreme sarcasm. I love my family, my friends, my co-workers and above all, GOD.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lancaster, California, United States
COOL SITES
  • Andrew Seely
  • Val Snow
  • Justin Souza
  • Amy Souza
  • Andrew's Ghetto
  • Ryan Pappan
  • Sarah Strauss
  • Matt Price
  • Jenevieve Price
  • KC
  • Lily Lewin
  • Nicole Butchko
  • Nick Heathman
  • John Bowling
  • Ocean Hills Church


  • ARCHIVES
    December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / April 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger