Kelsey-Land
1.02.2005
  If I Were Man
I had this thought the other day. If I were a MAN, it would be so much easier to do ministry. It really would. I say this because then I wouldn't have to argue with other people about what women should do in ministry. I wouldn't have to worry about getting married (as much). I think more women would like to be a pastor's wife than there are men who want to be a pastor's husband. Also, it wouldn't be ASSUMED that because I'm working at a church as a woman that I'm the Secretary or in children's ministry! I feel like I have to push harder and fight more! And its discouraging! Sometimes I just want to say, "Fine! I give up, just sign me up for some 8-5 cubicle job!" Ministry is a sometimes thankless job, which doesn't pay well, which is sometimes lonely, and where i feel like i have to fight for respect! And yet, and YET, I like it - no I love it. But I'm afraid and I'm discouraged. I'm afraid to mess it all up - and I'm discouraged because it seems like such a hard path - with so many hurdles to overcome.
 
Comments:
Trust me Kels you don't want the cubicle job. Trust me!!!!
You must not forget, your job is one of service, service to those around you and service to our God. Much of the time there is no thanks, there is no praise, and there is little encouragement. But remain faithful in the fact that you are doing what the Lord requires of us. Love the unlovable and show compassion to those who lack understanding. God is working and using you to do it.

Be blessed this day, understanding God's purpose for you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Who am I? I'm a follower of Christ, a lover of ultimate frisbee, a sister of three silly brothers, a youth worker for pre-teens, and a big fan of Diet Coke. I live by the beach, work at a church, eat a lot of canned soup and spend a lot of my free time buried in books. I don't like celery, zits or extreme sarcasm. I love my family, my friends, my co-workers and above all, GOD.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lancaster, California, United States
COOL SITES
  • Andrew Seely
  • Val Snow
  • Justin Souza
  • Amy Souza
  • Andrew's Ghetto
  • Ryan Pappan
  • Sarah Strauss
  • Matt Price
  • Jenevieve Price
  • KC
  • Lily Lewin
  • Nicole Butchko
  • Nick Heathman
  • John Bowling
  • Ocean Hills Church


  • ARCHIVES
    December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / April 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger